Monday, December 1, 2008

New Direction



Who is the handsome devil behind that beard? It is Chris, the director. "Into the Woods" is now over, and has been for over a week, I just didn't have time to post this earlier. Is there significance in the beard, hat and ball that he is holding? Chris would say no, but I have my doubts. Chris has some superstitions as a director, just as an athlete may have about a game. He wore the hat every rehearsal and every show, and was never seen without the baseball either. He says that beard had nothing to do with the show, but he started growing it a couple of weeks before the show opened and then.............

shaved it the day after it closed.

Okay, he only shaved it because I asked him to because we were going to have family pictures, so maybe the beard wasn't part of the superstition. I guess the "safety" items worked though because he was a great director and created a superb show.

No comments: