Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
We are still waiting for our large tomatoes to turn red, and crossing our fingers that they will beat the first frost of the year. Our thermometer read a low of 32 last weekend, so we were cutting it very close, but it has warmed right up again.
Our "sunshine" flowers are towering to the sky and we hope to see their sunny faces pretty soon as well. What a great time of the year.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Summer playing is up for this kid. It is back to the grind starting tomorrow with first of the year meetings- fun, fun.
(for all you dancers: he is practicing his spotting)
Chris' job is great. For one thing, he LOVES it. And we get all holidays off, a huge amount of time off at Christmas, and all summer off. We loved having him home all summer, and were able to do so many things and take so many trips. I think this is truely the life.
Ashlee and her pack-n-play took up almost half of the tent.
We three had the other portion to squish together in. So we stayed nice and warm, and she was less than warm. At which point we brought her out to sleep with us and wondered why we had even brought that pack-n-play in the first place.
Saturday was raining and cold so we spent most of our time by the fire. We left mid afternoon, which was great timing as it snowed later that evening. Overall, it was fun, and beautiful up by Pinedale, and Caitlin really loved everything about it.
Our friends brought up their 4 wheeler and a kid 4 wheeler for fun rides.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEE
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
- library with Caitlin to collect her first summer reading prize (we've got to start reading faster) and check out new books. She helps me pick out books and says "Is this one cool Mom?"
- new park with the family (there are much better parks here than I originally thought). This park had a swimming pool that is only 3 feet deep- and yet Caitlin was still a bit scared, but did warm up a bit.
- free lunch at the high school (which is not just for underprivileged kids despite what Chris may think)
- failed nap time
- playing outside with Dad
- eating Popsicles outside while we read scriptures
- more playing outside
- bed at 6:30! (thanks to the failed nap)
The day was pretty packed for us, and the girls had fun. Our summer continues tomorrow in Rawlins with college friends Michelle and Brandon and than on to CO. Our summer couldn't be complete without the Rockies.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Ashlee learned to climb the stairs while I was at girls camp. That girl is quite the expert already- at going up anyway. We've had no major spills yet, which is a great thing considering we haven't even invested in a baby gate. (the video is sideways because I recorded it that way and don't know how to change it.)