Sunday, August 8, 2010

What's going on?

There are a few things that have contributed to a lack of blogs lately.

  1. It's summer, and we are enjoying it!
  2. I strapped on my work shoes. I have been doing full-time orientation for the past 4 weeks, but I only have 1 more week and then I will start working "casual part-time", or only 2 shifts a month. It will be great to still be a full time mom, but be able to keep my skills fresh.

  3. I had girls camp for 5 days, which was awesome! Probably my spiritual highlight of the year so far.
  4. Chris and the girls went to Colorado while I was at girls camp. He has been great at being the "mom" for that whole week, plus 3 times a week while I am working. Thanks Chris.(one of the only pictures from Colorado. Cooling off in Lake Loveland)

That pretty much sums up our life for the past month. We have had a fun weekend with playing, visitors, and Ashlee's birthday. We are glad to still have a couple more weeks of summer before Chris heads back to work.

A few more random pictures:

(the girls hanging out in Grandma and Grandpa Will's car when they arrived on Friday.)

(Caitlin got a new dress for herself and her doll, Gigi, from Grandpa Bishop and Grandma Berta)

(this is called standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was helping Ashlee collect some water in her cup at the splash park, not realizing that I was standing right were water would be spraying up. I can see why Ashlee doesn't like the splash park, it was freezing.)

4 comments:

JMG said...

I was OT ward camp director! Can you believe it?! ME! Luckily Rowena Cozzens (Fox) was my assistant, and I was only there tuesday - late thursday night cuz dylan's birthday was friday.

Anna Winn and Family said...

LOL I love the water park picture. And seriously, how cute are the matching dresses?!!

Marliese said...

Fun summer. And I am happy for you to have found a good work situation, that lets you have the best of both worlds...hopefully?

Ashlee is such a cutie pie in that car picture!

Chris and Beth Will said...

Julie- wow, I really can't believe you were camp leader. Good for you! It is fun and a different experience when you are an adult.