Monday, March 18, 2013

Sleeping

I finished weaning Molly about 3 1/2 weeks ago, and as of last week she still wasn't sleeping through the night!
I knew we would have to train her to do it at this point, but I was sure she would NEVER stop crying during the night when she woke up.
My sister, Katie, gave me the confidence to do it.  She told me she would probably cry for a while the first couple of nights and then sleep through the night after that.
Last Wednesday I tried it, even though Chris was out of town.  She cried for a solid hour (and I think she was awake for a while before that) and then she stopped crying and went back to sleep!
It was bad, but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Then Thursday she slept through the night without waking up!!
Since then, she has woken up every night   But she hasn't cried, and she just makes a few noises and then goes back to sleep.
I am one happy momma!!

And, because blogs with only words are boring, here is a video of the morning Molly started clapping for the first time and few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

We're doing the same thing with Brady right now. I decided that cry or not, I am not feeding him in the night any more. In the past 9 nights, he has woken up and cried for awhile (the longest was 1 1/2 hours . . . so sad) 4 nights, but slept through the night 5 times, which he hadn't done at all for about 4 months. So it really does work! I just wish I had done it sooner. But it is hard to listen to them cry.