Sunday, October 20, 2013

Utah Trip

Friday was fall break, so we went to Utah for Friday and Saturday.
Friday we drove up to Logan to visit my Grandma.
I realized I didn't take any pictures of her (darn it), but she gave the girls these parasols and they thought they were the best thing ever!!

We walked down to the river behind her house.
And, did I mention, Annie was in Logan also!!!! The girls are certain that everything is better when Annie is there, and I would agree! They were throwing rocks, leafs and things into the river- no shoes this time. (when Ashlee was 2 years old she and Caitlin went down to the river with my mom. Ashlee was wearing some new shoes my mom had JUST given her. At the river my mom said, "Why don't we take our shoes off and put our feet in the river?" So Ashlee took her shoe off and threw it right in the river. And that was the end of those shoes. We like to remember the story every time we go down to the river.) Molly is standing there to, right in front of Annie.

Friday night Annie stayed in Logan and we went to a hotel in Salt Lake. Late that night we picked my Mom and Dad up from the airport. Saturday morning everyone went to the temple except my Mom, the girls and I. We went to a farmer's market and then to the church history museum.
The coolest thing at the farmers market was this real owl this guy was holding. Owls are just so cool.
At the museum the girls played and did a treasure hunt my mom made for them.

Saturday night we met up with my brother and his family for their little Lily's baby blessing. That is really why we all went to Utah in the first place!
David, Julie, Bailey, Maddie and Lilly live in Texas and we rarely get to see them. They came to Utah for Julie's sister's wedding and decided to bless Lilly while they were there. We were so excited to be able to go!
It also happened to be Maddie's 3 year old birthday! So we all got to share in her delicious birthday cake!!

No comments: