Thursday, November 19, 2009

Funny Thing

Chris and I have had a few discussions about how our kids think they can pull things by us. We think it is so funny that they think we haven't a clue- when we know perfectly well what is going on.

  • They have been put to bed for the night and we say "no getting out of bed." We later go back up because of incessant talking and laughing and are about to open the door when we hear pitter-patter and a jump into bed. We open the door to find Caitlin sitting up in bed looking at us shocked, as if to say "I have no idea why you are coming to check on us." Yeah, we are perfectly aware you were out of bed.
  • The girls come upstairs after playing downstairs, and Caitlin says, "Mom, Ashlee's face and hands are all dirty." I look and see that, indeed, they are and say "what were you playing in?" to which she replies "nothing." Hum, as if I can't see the flour all over your (both Caitlin and Ashlee) face and hands.

And Chris and I laugh because we did the same thing when we were little.

  • I was five and playing with an unnamed twin sister. This was before the day that food was sealed, so we liked to sneak tastes of things that were in the storage room. Well, this unnamed sister loved Quick and was having a taste when she dropped the entire thing on the floor. She asked me to hurry and help her clean it up, so we did the best that five year olds can do by pushing most of it under the shelve. Later we were awoken in the middle of the night (I'm sure it was about 8:30) by an angry mother who had somehow found out we had spilled it. We wondered, how did she find the spill, and how did she know it was us?
  • Chris was young (17)* when his mother came and asked who had shaved the wooden banister, showing him her shower razor with wood chips stuck in it. Chris tried placing the blame on everyone else, including the dog, and he was convinced that his mom bought it.

Kids think they are so smart and they can pull the wool over their parents eyes, if they only knew.


*truth be told, Chris was really about 6 or 7

4 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

So true! These are things that make you laugh, but you don't let your kids see you laughing about it.

Annie said...

I'm sure you must be talking about a different twin. Haha. Actually I do remember, but I don't know if it was all my idea.

Chris and Beth Will said...

I don't now, nor did I than, like Quick. So it was your idea, and you were doing the sampling. I was probably sampling something else.

Anna Winn and Family said...

That is Hilarious!! I cant' wait to see what they are like with each other in a few years.