Thursday, December 10, 2009

Days of Christmas 9 & 10

December 9th- read a story of Jesus' birth and talk about why we celebrate Christmas

December 10th- color Christmas pictures

I think she is envisioning it in her head.
Caitlin is sure growing up all of a sudden. She is actually making an attempt to stay in the lines while coloring.

Yesterday at pre-school I picked her up and she said, "My name is C then A then I then T then L then I then N." We have been practising for some time, but this was the first time she could do it.

While coloring tonight she asked for red, and I handed her a red (well, I knew it was actually violet-red, but it looks red and would she really know the difference?) She started coloring and said, "Mom, this is more pink, but that's ok". Ohhhhhh- busted, I then traded her for "real" red.

And speaking of crayons, I was enjoying the names of some of the colors in our box:
  • macaroni and cheese
  • wisteria
  • purple mountain's majesty
  • mauvelous (that was my favorite)

And the over abundance of brown crayons.

  • tumbleweed
  • burnt sienna
  • sepia
  • raw sienna
  • chestnut
  • mahogany
  • tan
  • brown

8 in a box of 48 seems like overkill to me.

4 comments:

JMG said...

you can never have enough brown or yellow crayons--come on--you're a Pokes fan! Also, I laugh because this contrasted with Dylan's coloring really shows the attention to detail that girls have--Dylan's coloring technique: a few scribbles and he is DONE!

katie said...

don't you know that you have to have enough browns and tans to have everyone skin color? we have to be politically correct right?

Annie said...

Is that pronounced "mauv"elous or "muauv"elous? Just checking.

Marliese said...

Caitlin is obviously a genius! Seriously--spelling her name, and coloring with such skill and determination...we always knew she was a special (and advanced) little girl. :)