Thursday, October 7, 2010

Change underfoot

If you've ever had carpet under your table with small kids, you know it is not that much fun. That's what we have been living with and we decided it was time for a change.

We pulled the carpet and laid new flooring in the dining area, kitchen, entry way and bathroom. Needless to say, we love the change. It looks great and is so much easier to keep clean!
Before:
After:
(the little door is the playroom)
(we downsized our entertainment center, which really opened up the space, plus the old one just kept falling apart more and more)



Our friend, Reed, helped us with the floor and is an absolute saint. It really looks great thanks to him, you are awesome Reed!


Why all the changes recently?
We moved in 2 years ago and didn't really make any changes. We were pretty happy with it overall, and we were overwhelmed with a new baby, a move, a new job, etc. etc. etc. So now we are making changes and making it more of our own.

6 comments:

Dave and Julie said...

Wow! It looks amazing! Great job and I LOVE the playroom. You are welcome to come and do my house :)

Marliese said...

It looks fantastic--all of it. I love how say you "laid new flooring in the dining area, kitchen, entry way and bathroom" all in one breath like it was no big deal. That is a huge deal!

I can imagine all the time you spent on that and on the professional-looking playroom. Whew, I bet you are ready for a break. Nice work.

Unknown said...

that looks great! nice work :)

Minna Dyer said...

I love the look! I know how it is with eating over the carpet (we were forced to cover our wood floor) and I hated having the plastic cover...
Anyway, looks great.

Where did you get the flooring, if you don't mind my asking? :)

Brooks Family said...

We had carpet under our table as well in our last apartment and I didn't like the clean up either. That is a beautiful floor you have and I love the design!

Lizzy said...

Wow the wood is beautiful. That is what steve is doing this weekend. I hope ours turns out as nice. Tell Chris he is turning into quite a carpenter.