Friday, November 5, 2010

fridge learning

Caitlin's new favorite past time involves our new accessory to our LeapFrog Fridge Phonics. She has been working on letters/sounds/and words a lot a pre-school, so she loves to try to create words at home. If I am in the kitchen, then she is at the fridge with the new word toy. I love it when she thinks she is building a work, i.e. FGP. Then the "voice" says the sounds each letter makes and then says "great sounds!" So it even is encouraging when she doesn't make a word. It has several game options, but she also likes me to give her letters to make words. It is an awesome toy.
And a story....
Today, on the way to the store, I told Caitlin she was in charge of remembering our 4 items on our shopping list and I proceeded to tell her the items. She repeated them back to me and we were set.
At the store I asked her what our items were.
She said,
"green beans" (great! close enough to green onions)
"bread" (crescent rolls, same family)
"the things for the chairs" (spot on)
"hippopotamus glue (glue named after an animal is all the same, hippo......gorilla.... same thing)

1 comment:

peckette said...

That made me chuckle! So cute!