Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Re-Lining

When we looked at our house, before we bought it, 1 thing that I really didn't like was this:
all the shelves in the pantry and laundry room were lined and them thumb-tacked along the edge to keep the paper on. My eye was drawn right to the thumb tacks, and I didn't like it.
But then we moved in, Ashlee was 3 weeks old, the shelves were all filled, and I got use to it so I didn't notice it anymore.
But I did finally get around to relining!
I cleaned and relined the shelves in the laundry room a few weeks ago, and did the pantry yesterday.

It looks much better.

I was dreading it because there is so much on all the shelves, but it wasn't so bad. The girls were a big help and we manged through with only 2 casualties.
Caitlin dropped one can right on her foot- ow!
And Ashlee stepped on a tack- double ow!! (luckily it just barely penetrated the skin and she is current on her tetanus)

3 comments:

peckette said...

Way to go! To me it feels so much better to have everything organized and it looks great!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

wow it does look a lot nicer. good job!

Marliese said...

So tidy and organized...good for you. Will you come do that to my pantry?