Saturday, October 29, 2011

What we've been saying

I've been keeping track of these for a long time, so now I have a ton.  They are mostly from Ashlee's mouth; I don't know if Caitlin doesn't say many silly things or if I just don't write them down, probably the latter.

Caitlin:
She told us that her friend brought "a mommy" for show and share this week.  Upon further investigation we found out it was actually a mummy.


Ashlee:
During General Conference the girls were really trying to listen.  Ash said, "Is he talking to me?" We told her yes he was.  Later during the same talk she said, "Is he still talking to me?"  We again told her yes.  Then she said, "Well I don't want to listen!"

When I got my hair cut I asked Ashlee if she liked it.  She responded, "Maybe not.  It is kind of hanging in your face."

She and Caitlin were playing a game with Chris and he wasn't following the rules right.  She said, "You are "tweating"!!!"

Smoky the Bear visited her pre-school class at the college.  She told us all about it during dinner.  She is afraid of a lot of things, mascots included, so she said she just looked at him and went back in the room.  Among the things she told us about him were that he could not talk and he was NOT coming to our house.  I asked, "did you tell him he couldn't come to our house?"  She said, "No Mom, remember he can't talk!!!!"   (I guess his hearing is impaired also)

I told her she couldn't have 1 of my pre-natal vitamins because they are HUGE and she would choke on it.  She said- and demonstrated- "I can open my mouth really big."

During dinner of hot soup she said, "I ate it and it burned my teeth."

She told me "When I get big I will be Cait, and when she is little she can be Ashlee!"
I think this is the same reasoning Caitlin had when she was that age and told me that when she got big she would drive the car, and when I got little I would ride in the car seat.

And I've probably written it before but it is my favorite thing she says.  "Mom, are you mad or nice?"

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

That is what i love MOST about this age! But I keep forgetting to write them down. Maybe I'll follow your example and start doing a better job.