Tuesday, December 6, 2011

SLC weekend

Grandma Berta was flying to Utah Friday night, so the girls and I drove over to spend Friday night and Saturday with her.  Chris missed out on the trip because he was on a trip of his own for work.
After picking her up at the airport and checking into our hotel, we went and saw the lights on Temple Square. 
It was so cold outside, but so hot inside that we didn't stay long in this building.  Just long enough to see the Christus and get out.
 The snow was falling, making everything look even more beautiful.
 I don't get many pictures of me with my girls.
 Saturday we spent some time at the church history museum.  There are tons of kid things, so the girls LOVED it.
 They even have adult size dresses to dance in!

 Caitlin tried tossing tortillas.
 Ashlee collected eggs from the chickens.
 They both picked veggies from the garden and made dinner.
 And they did a little quilting.
After that we toured Ben Behunin's house and studio.  My mom had read his books, now I will have to.  His pottery is really neat, we especially liked his teapots.
By then it was time to drop my mom off for her visit with my grandparents and head home.  It was a quick trip, but so fun.  We always love to see Grandma Berta.

1 comment:

Reed & Melinda Family said...

that looks like fun we were thinking of going but also looks cold