Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Big Day

It is so fun to see the excitement of your kids on Christmas morning.  Ashlee and Caitlin loved seeing the things Santa left for them.  

 Caitlin got a little dog with a leash, and Ashlee got a robot, just what they wanted.  I don't think these things ended up being their favorite things, but they were glad that Santa brought what they asked for.


After we saw what Santa brought us and played for a while, we had breakfast and got ready for church.

 When we got home from church we opened the presents under the tree.  Our house is chilly downstairs in the winter, so I made a quillow for each of us.  The girls left theirs on their laps for the rest of the present opening time.

 Ashlee got a new baby doll that she loves to mother.  I'm sure the girls baby dolls will be played with a lot when the new baby is born.  That way they can do just what I do.

 Ashlee with some of her gifts. 

 Caitlin with hers.

 We got guitar hero for the Wii, which Chris and I like to play.

We had a great Christmas and enjoyed our time together as a family, and with friends.  We missed our families, but are grateful for Skype so it is almost like we are with them. 

Monday I was on low census for work until about 1:00, then I had to go in until 7:00pm.  Imagine my great surprise when I came home and ALL the Christmas things were put away!  Chris is an awesome husband to do that while I was working.

1 comment:

Anna Winn and Family said...

Did you make the quillows? I knew I should have just given you my quilt I started for Emmett. It's never going to be finished!!