Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ringing in 2012

Over New Year's Chris' parents came and visited for a few days.  We did lots of hanging out at home doing things like playing guitar hero.  We set it to beginner and the girls LOVE it.

 On New Year's Eve we went ice-skating.  Actually, they went ice-skating and I watched and took pictures.  It was the girls first time ever, so they had fun.  Caitlin started to get the hang of it, but Ashlee still needs more practice.

It is tricky to keep your weight balanced so their feet slid forward alot, so this is what they looked like a lot of the time.


 They ice rink is pretty big, so they would get super tired and take a break in the hockey boxes.  Ashlee took her first break after she was 1/2 way around.  They had a really fun time, so we will have to go back sometime when I can actually skate with them.
New Year's Eve is also my birthday.  The girls made me some lovely trivets, and I also got a Kindle, some hats, a gift card, a book and some more shelves in the garage which will be coming sometime in the not to distant future.  I love cheesecake, so this year we had a cheesecake sampler instead of cake, YUM!  Then the girls went to bed and we played Farming Game- which is one of my favorites but maybe not so much enjoyed by the other participants, and rang in the New Year with only me awake :) 
Now we are getting back to out normal schedules after the long break.  Caitlin went back to school last week, and Chris went back to work today.
Happy 2012!

2 comments:

Anna Winn and Family said...

I miss your kids already! And I'm sad I missed your birthday. I did send all those cleaning items though hahaha. Where did you get that cheesecake sampler. That looks amazing.

Marliese said...

Happy Birthday, girlie! Looks like a great time. And the cheesecake was a nice choice. I want some of that. :)