Friday, February 13, 2009

nap time awakenings

Caitlin loves to "go get" Ashlee when she wakes up from her nap.

When we hear a thumping on the ceiling we know Ashlee is awake. The thumping is her lifting her legs up and banging them back down on her bed. (It is much louder when she is in the pack-n-play then when she is in the crib.)

Caitlin says "Oh, Ash-ee awake.

I say "Go get her."

Caitlin says "I go get her. You stay here Mom. You stay here!" (I don't know where she gets her bossiness from, but I'll give you a hint. Someones' siblings called her "Bossy Beth" when she was growing up)

She runs to the room and climbs into the crib with Ashlee, or today she climbed into the pack-n-play for the first time. (I know, she is 2 1/2 and today was her first climb into the p.n.p, she just has never been much of a climber.) Then they have playtime together for a while until I come and get them. Could be a minute or 10 minutes. Ashlee just lays there and watches whatever Caitlin does, which usually involves jumping (not just sitting and posing, like this picture would suggest).

No comments: