Wednesday, December 1, 2010

decorating kid style

Yesterday afternoon Chris was busy with auditions for his spring musical, so the girls and I decorated the tree and house without him. We did leave him the village which is his favorite to put up :)

I let the girls hang all the ornaments on the tree themselves. They did a great job!
You can tell how high they could reach, and the spot Caitlin figured out she could reach if she stood on the couch.

You better believe that Ashlee hung 9 ornaments on 1 branch!
I looked up to see that, had a little giggle to myself, and said "Ash, maybe you should look for a different place to hang."
Otherwise I made no comments and let them do their work.
Caitlin loved it all, Ashlee got bored halfway through.
This morning some ornaments had fallen off, so I helped Caitlin spread them out. So they do cover all the tree now.


I also had to laugh when I saw that Caitlin had put the Christmas tree skirt on for her dress-up. It fit her great!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I couldn't stop laughing about the 9 ornaments on one brach...hilarious. Caitlin looks like she could be in White Christmas with that skirt.

Marliese said...

I am way too controlling to let my kids decorate unassisted. Good for you, looks great!