Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Goodie Making

This week we have been baking a lot of scrumptious holiday goodies.
(By "we" I mean myself and Caitlin and Ashlee. Chris was giving finals all day Monday and Tuesday.)

We made fudge- for the first time ever. Chocolate fudge and peanut butter fudge. It turned out pretty good, although I'm not sure I cooked it quite long enough, the elevation thing throws me for cooking candies.


Breaking up candy canes for chocolate candy cane sandwich cookies.
They really liked making these cookies and kept saying, "Daddy will love these," because they know their daddy loves candy canes.
We had an assemble line. Ashlee helped spoon on the frosting and Caitlin put the "lids" on.
I am glad we gave most of it away, or we would all be gaining 40lbs this Christmas.


The girls played in backyard yesterday afternoon. I inadvertently left the sandbox toys out this year, but it is just as well because there is NO SNOW in the backyard. It has even melted away from all the places that never see the sun in the winter and so usually have snow all winter long.
I can't believe our yard looks like this in mid-December. (although we did get a dusting of snow last night)

2 comments:

JMG said...

what about the candy cane bread??!!!!!

Marliese said...

Holy yum! Fun times with the girls. And that is shocking how green you backyard grass still is.