Sunday, January 30, 2011

We Love When Grandma Comes!

Grandma Berta (my Mom) visited last week. We love any visitors, but especially Grandma Berta. We did many, many fun things while she was her.

The girls showed off all their dress-ups, we played games, rode bikes, went shopping, the girls went out for lunch with her and Chris and I had a lunch date, read tons of books, went to swimming lessons, saw pre-school, had a Pampered Chef party, went to Tangled at the movie theater, had tea parties, went to story time at the library, etc. etc. etc.......

one tea party:
reading our favorite Knock, Knock book I found at the library

On Friday we drove to Logan to drop her off and visit with Great Grandma and Grandpa Garrett. It is amazing how well Caitlin can figure families out. At the lunch table she said I was her mom, and Grandma Berta was my mom, and Great Grandma Garrett was Grandma Berta's mom.

reading the Knock, Knock book to Grandpa Garrett.
(we read it to anyone who would listen, it is a great book!)
another tea party:
a fun Japanese umbrella:
marching around singing Soldier Boy:
My grandparents:
Grandma Berta and the girls:

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Jay's starting to figure out family relationships too. A few months ago I had picked up something from my moms house and then called to leave her a message, since she wasn't home. I called her "mom" on the message and when I got off Jay asked me who I was talking to. I told him grandma and he said, "Grandma Ray is your mom???". We've been working on figuring out all those relationships since then. :-)