Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cooking with a smile

This recipe is great to have mixed in amongst my others. I can't help but smile every time I'm sifting through my recipes and see it, and it does occasionally cause an outright laugh.


Elephant Soup

1 elephant- average size
1 rabbit (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Cut elephant into bite size pieces. This takes about 2 months. Add water to cover and cook over open pit fire at 475degrees until done. Serves 4000 persons. Add rabbit for those who do not particularly care for elephant soup; but only if necessary, as most diners do not care for a hare in their soup.


Take it and may you find as much joy in it as I do.

1 comment:

Ellis Family said...

Are you going to make an open pit for fires in your backyard so you can make this?? You should make this for dinner group and then freeze it...you would have your dinners made for years!!!