Tuesday, January 20, 2009

P-O-T-T-Y

We are attempting potty training. Oh the joy. Most of Caitlin's motivation comes from her "potty treats" (which are way bigger than I originally thought and can add up to a lot of chocolate when she uses the potty often). Today we managed better than yesterday and put on pretty panties after nap time, only to take them off, wet, half an hour later. We are on panties round 2.

Caitlin didn't want me in the bathroom when she took care of her dirty business, so she commanded-

"Go work on the compoooder."

"Go pay with Asheeeee, now! Go pay with Asheeeee!

Then........

"I did it! I did it! A baby one!"

She was so pleased.

In other happenings:

We went to Utah last weekend for my cousin, Tiffany's, wedding and got to hang out with Annie! She got married in the Salt Lake Temple, then later that afternoon we went to the open house of the new Draper Temple. Caitlin doesn't talk about the Salt Lake Temple, but definitely remembers riding the bus to the temple, which is a perfect thing for a girl who loves buses. (you park a ways away from the temple and they bus you to it)

Annie, not Ah-nee, as per Caitlin

1 comment:

Sharon said...

YAY for Caitlin! I'd do a switch to M&M's as a potty treat. :-) Actually, that's something I need to start thinking about. Jay is starting to show some interest and we're getting a potty pretty soon.