Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ashlee talking

Ashlee is nearly 18 months now, and is developing quite a vocabulary. She has always been good at communicating what she wants, now she just has a few words to go with her other sounds, actions, etc.

The only thing she can't express well are her frustrations. A couple of days ago she resorted to biting, and the culprit happens to always be Caitlin. She just doesn't know what else to do, so she bites.

We scold her, tell her we don't bite and put her in her crib for a sort of time-out. But we just don't know what to do. Caitlin never bit, so we haven't a clue. I hope this is a phase that passes very quickly.

1 comment:

Taffy and Tony said...

Sooo cute! I am fascinated by language development and can't wait until Mariah starts saying things. And about the biting, I don't know. Some kids bite--some don't. Mylie never bit, but Connor was AWFUL! I never really felt like I figured out a solution. He just finally grew otu of it, I guess.