Saturday, January 30, 2010

assignments

Cleaning up has never been a big issue with us. Both Caitlin and Ashlee are happy enough helping put their toys away. We have, however, been getting some recent talking back from Caitlin when asked to help clean up.
Last night when we had to clean up the mess in their room, I tried a new approach. Caitlin came and told me when she was ready to start cleaning up, and then she gave out the assignments.
"Mom, you clean up the books and I will do the blocks"
"Now you do these other blocks and I will do the Candy Land game"
.......etc.... until everything was cleaned up.
She seemed to like being the one in charge.



For dinner I do not cater to my kids. We eat whatever I have decided to make, and that's that. Chris and I, and usually Ashlee, always think it is delicious, Caitlin doesn't like anything but eats it anyway.
But once in a while I will make a fun meal focused on the kids. Last night was such a night. I saw this in a magazine and we tried it out.
The girls loved it, and Chris and I ate it. I am happy to make fun things for them every now and again :)

6 comments:

katie said...

i recognize that from family fun. there's a pretty good recipe in there for a chicken/broccoli alfredo kind of thing that's pretty good too.

Brooks Family said...

Its nice to know I'm not the only mom who thinks like you when it comes to kids eating the dinner I prepare. But it is fun to mix it up too. Is that kids meal noodles cooked through a hot dog?

Dave and Julie said...

You are such a great mom. What an inspiration you are to me! Thanks.

Annie said...

Cute. I'm such a dummy, for a second I couldn't figure out how you got the noddles through.

Jen said...

Oh, fun! my kiddos would love it. HOw's you do it.

Marliese said...

You are officially "mom of the year" with your fun foods and clean-up strategies and hairdo parties. Wow, how do you do it, Beth? :)