Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It Happened

I thought we could be the family that avoided this situation, but I was wrong. This morning I went to make breakfast and opened the garbage; there inside was hair, long hair! I questioned the girls and low and behold, Caitlin had cut Ashlee's hair!!
I looked at Ashlee's hair to assess the damage. Caitlin took a handful of hair, right about where Ashlee's terrible cow-lick is, and cut it right off.
Caitlin, of course, is in trouble and is spending the day by herself in her room.
I don't cry about many things, but I cried about this.
Ashlee, who didn't even have any hair for nearly 2 years.
Ashlee, whose hair is soooo thin and I struggle to make it look cute.
Ashlee, who just got a hair trim to help even out her hair that wasn't growing at the same rate.
Ashlee, who already has a terrible cowlick that stuck up, but now has inch long hair that sticks straight out.
I know it is just hair, but I was super upset.

Luckily, it could be ALOT worse. I parted Ashlee's hair the other way and was able to hairspray the short part down, and position a longer part over it. So you can't really tell by just looking at her.


And on a happier note:
The girls each got a Valentine gift from Grandma and Grandpa Will. Along with a few little things, they each got a new outfit.
Isn't Ashlee's sooooo cute?
She put her hand in the back pocket which I thought was hilarious.
You can't even tell we had a hair mishap from these pictures.


*Caitlin's pictures will have to wait until tomorrow, as she lost her privilege to wear her new outfit when she did such a naughty thing*

7 comments:

peckette said...

OH Beth! I would be furious, we just talked about her hair yesterday! I am dreading when that happens to me.

Anna Winn and Family said...

Oh NO!!!!! I'm so so sorry.

JMG said...

I've avoided that situation with the boys----we'll see once little miss gets here----and remind yourself it's never too bad until the hair is cut so short you have to go for the pixie cut (remember those 3 year old pictures of me?? --- though that wasn't the result of a haircut. . .)

Monica Rich said...

So sad! With our girls 7 and 5, I hope we missed this phase. But I guess you just never know! I would likely cry, too.

Annie said...

Oh dear. At least you can cover the really short part. I was looking at the picture I have of Cait and Ash on my desk today and trying to think of how old Ashlee was by how long, or not so long, her hair was. Maybe it will grow a little faster now that she is older. On a different note, that is a cute new outfit and I am excited to see Caitlin's.

Sharon said...

My mom can totally relate. Apparently when is was 2 or so I finally had enough hair to have pigtails and one of my older brothers cut them off.

The good thing is that it is hair and it will grow back. That really doesn't help now though, does it?

Marliese said...

Oh Caitlin...what a tragedy. I bet she was a sad, sorry little girl. She just didn't want Ashlee to cath up to her in the hair department...?

Sorry, Beth.