Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hospital

I was super nervous about the c-section this time, not for the c-section itself, but because of the possible pain afterwards.  With the combination of the c-section, after birth pains and the hernia repair I knew I could really be hurting, especially when the surgeon said that the hernia repair would probably hurt more than anything else.  I had horrible, terrible, uncontrolled, un-managed pain after having Ashlee for 1 whole day and I was worried that would happen again.  However, that terrible pain was due to terrible care and that did not happen this time.
I prayed a lot before hand that my pain would be managed (it was really that bad last time) and my prayers were answered.  I had wonderful care from everybody involved and I literally had very little pain.  I couldn't even feel my hernia repair at all until a little bit the second evening.  My entire "birthing" experience and hospital stay were super here (and I am not just saying that because I work at the hospital).  Everyone was great and I think that made my recovery a lot easier.

No comments: