Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Made a Purse

From this tutorial.  It was super easy.  I started it Friday and should have finished Friday, but didn't finish until today since I lack energy (see previous post).
 I have had the fabric and planned to make this purse for quite sometime but never made the time.  Now I decided I needed to downsize my purse since I will have a diaper bag, so I finally made it.
I figure it is small enough to fit in the diaper bag or small enough to easily transfer a few needed items to it when I am going somewhere and not taking the diaper bag.
Its kind of retro 70's, but I love it.
Here is the lining.  The colors match up perfect, but it is hard to tell in the picture.
I had enough material that I actually made 2 purses, not one.
The other purse will be going to Annie, because when you have a twin sister sometimes you need things that are same-same.

4 comments:

katie said...

i was just looking at this pattern and thinking i need a new purse. i guess i'll have to make my own since i'm not a twin with same-sames ;)

Chris and Beth Will said...

I will make you one next time. Just don't look to closely at the stitching since you are an expert and I a mere amateur :)

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

You are awesome!!! I fully support the same-same-ness!!! You are talented, indeed!!!

Marliese said...

You are so good! Way to go on the chic purses. And I love all the recent pictures of your girls. They are adorable and say the funniest things. I love the sincere confession about the water splashing that caused the new bathroom floor..bummer, but it is a nice upgrade. :)